A practical step-by-step guide to learn and build Akka’s Actor-based, distributed, concurrent, and scalable Java Applications
- Build large, distributed, concurrent, and scalable applications using the Akka’s Actor model
- Simple and clear analogy to Java/JEE application development world to explain the concepts
- Each chapter will teach you a concept by explaining it with clear and lucid examples– each chapter can be read independently
Developers/Architects need to manage the fine balance between the ever increasing load and ever decreasing response latency. Applications need to be designed for Internet scale, which means you need to be skilled in building large distributed, scalable, and concurrent applications. Whether you are building the next Facebook or working for a Fortune 500 organization, you need to be ready to design scalable, concurrent, and fault-tolerant applications. Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault-tolerant event-driven applications on the JVM.
“Akka Essentials” will show you the current challenges with Java Scalability and concurrency model and how Akka’s Actor Model can help you design and build applications that are inherently scalable and fault-tolerant. Whether you are building new applications or want to refactor an existing application, you will learn the right techniques to build and scale up in no time.
- By: Munish Kumar Gupta;
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Pub. Date: 10/24/2012
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-84951-828-4
- Pages in Print Edition: 334
- File Size : 6.02 MB
- Format : PDF