Head First Networking
Frustrated with networking books
With this book, you’ll learn skills through a variety of genuine scenarios, from fixing a malfunctioning office network to planning a network for a high-technology haunted house. You’ll learn exactly what you need to know, rather than a laundry list of acronyms and diagrams. This book will help you:so chock-full of acronyms that your brain goes into sleep mode? Head First Networking’s unique, visually rich format provides a task-based approach to computer networking that makes it easy to get your brain engaged. You’ll learn the concepts by tying them to on-the-job tasks, blending practice and theory in a way that only Head First can.
- Master the functionality, protocols, and packets that make up real-world networking
- Learn networking concepts through examples in the field
- Tackle tasks such as planning and diagramming networks, running cables, and configuring network devices such as routers and switches
- Monitor networks for performance and problems,
- Practice what you’ve learned with nearly one hundred exercises, questions, sample problems, and projects
Head First’s popular format is proven to stimulate learning and retention by engaging you with images, puzzles, stories, and more. Whether you’re a network professional with a CCNA/CCNP or a student taking your first college networking course, Head First Networking will help you become a network guru.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. fixing physical networks: Walking on Wires
Chapter 2. planning network layouts: Networking in the Dark
Chapter 3. tools and troubleshooting: Into the Wire
Chapter 4. packet analysis: You’ve Been Framed
Chapter 5. network devices and traffic: How Smart is Your Network?
Chapter 6. connecting networks with routers: Bringing Things Together
Chapter 7. routing protocols: It’s a Matter of Protocol
Chapter 8. the domain name system: Names to Numbers
Chapter 9. monitoring and troubleshooting: Listen to Your Network’s Troubles
Chapter 10. wireless networking: Working Without Wires
Chapter 11. network security: Get Defensive
Chapter 12. designing networks: You Gotta Have a Plan!
Head First Networking
- By: Al Anderson; Ryan Benedetti
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Pub. Date: 2009/05/27
- Print ISBN-13: <978-0-596-52155-4
- Pages in Print Edition: 544
- Format : PDF