SOA Made Simple
Discover the true meaning behind the buzzword that is ‘Service Oriented Architecture’
- Get to grips with clear definitions of ‘Service’ and ‘Architecture’ to understand the full SOA picture
- Read about SOA in simple terms from Oracle ACE Directors for SOA and Middleware in this book and e-book
- A concise, no-nonsense guide to demystifying Service Oriented Architecture
SOA is an industry term which is often preached like a religion rather than taught like a technology, and over time, grasping the concept has become unnecessarily difficult. Many companies proclaim that they don’t know where to begin with SOA, while others have begun their SOA effort but haven’t reaped the benefits they were convinced it would bring. “SOA Made Simple” unveils the true meaning of Service Oriented Architecture and how to make it successful so that you can confidently explain SOA to anyone!
“SOA Made Simple” explains exactly what SOA is in simple terminology and by using real-life examples. Once a simple definition is clear in your mind, you’ll be guided through what SOA solves, when and why you should use it, and how to set up, design and categorize your SOA landscape. With this book in hand you’ll learn to keep your SOA strategy successful as you expand on it.
“SOA Made Simple” demystifies SOA, simply. It is not difficult to grasp, but for various reasons SOA is often made unnecessarily complex. Service-orientation is already a very natural way of thinking for business stakeholders that want to realize and sell services to potential clients, and this book helps you to realize that concept both in theory and practice.
You’ll begin with a clear and simple explanation of what SOA is and why we need it. You’ll then be presented with plain facts about the key ingredients of a service, and along the way learn about service design, layering and categorizing, some major SOA platform offerings as well as governance and successful implementation.
After reading “SOA Made Simple” you will have a clear understanding of what SOA is so you can implement and govern SOA in your own organization.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding the Problem
2. The Solution
3. Service Identification and Design
4. Classification of Services
5. The SOA Platform
6. Solution Architectures
7. Creating a Roadmap, How to Spend Your Money and When?
8. Life Cycle Management
9. Pick your Battles
10. Methodologies and SOA
SOA Made Simple
- By: Lonneke Dikmans; Ronald van Luttikhuizen
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Pub. Date: 12/20/2012
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-84968-416-3
- Pages in Print Edition: 292
- File Size : 8.84 MB
- Format : PDF