SAP ABAP Advanced cookbook
- Full of illustrations, diagrams, and tips with clear step-by-step instructions and real time examples
- Get to grips with solving complicated problems using Regular Expressions in ABAP
- Master the creation of common Design Patterns using ABAP Objects
- Enhance SAP applications through the use of ABAP programming
- Covers the newest topics of Adobe Interactive Forms
What you will learn from this book
- Master the advanced features of Web Dynpro programming
- Experience the latest advancements in FloorPlan Manager design
- Learn how to use transaction SAT and secondary internal table indexes for performance improvement
- Explore the world of Simple Transformations and how they solve problems
- Get step-by-step instructions to create and consume Web Services
- Optimize program code and find datasource of fields using SQL Trace
- Get valuable tips and tricks for Smart Forms and Adobe Interactive Forms
ABAP (Advanced Business Application Programming) is SAP’s proprietary 4th Generation Language (4GL). SAP core is written almost entirely in ABAP.
ABAP is a high level programming language used in SAP for development and other customization processes.
“SAP ABAP Advanced Cookbook” covers advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP. It teaches you to enhance SAP applications by developing custom reports and interfaces with ABAP programming.
This cookbook has quick and advanced real world recipes for programming ABAP.
It begins with the applications of ABAP Objects and ALV tips and tricks. It then covers Design Patterns and Dynamic Programming in detail.
You will also learn the usage of quality improvement tools such as transaction SAT, SQL Trace, and the Code Inspector.
Simple transformations and its application in Excel Downloading will also be discussed, as well as the newest topics of Adobe Interactive Forms and the consumption and creation of Web services. The book comes to an end by covering advanced usage of Web Dynpro for ABAP and the latest advancement in Floorplan Manager.
This book is written in a simple, easy to understand format with lots of screenshots and step-by-step explanations.
Who this book is for
If you are an ABAP developer and/or consultant looking forward to building advanced SAP programming applications with ABAP, then this is the best guide for you. Basic knowledge of ABAP programming is required.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: ABAP Objects
Chapter 2: Dynamic Programming
Chapter 3: ALV Tricks
Chapter 4: Regular Expressions
Chapter 5: Optimizing Programs
Chapter 6: Doing More with Selection Screens
Chapter 7: Smart Forms – Tips and Tricks
Chapter 8: Working with SQL Trace
Chapter 9: Code Inspector
Chapter 10: Simple Transformations
Chapter 11: Sending E-mail Using BCS Classes
Chapter 12: Creating and Consuming Web Services
Chapter 13: SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe
Chapter 14: Web Dynpro for ABAP
Chapter 15: Floorplan Manager
SAP ABAP Advanced Cookbook
- By: Rehan Zaidi;
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Pub. Date: 12/26/2012
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-84968-488-0
- Pages in Print Edition: 316
- File Size : 8.59 MB
- Format : PDF