CSS3 lets you create professional-looking websites, but learning its finer points can be tricky—even for seasoned web developers. This Missing Manual shows you how to take your HTML and CSS skills to the next level, with valuable tips, tricks, and step-by-step instructions. You’ll quickly learn how to build web pages that look great and run fast on devices and screens of all sizes.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS3-friendly HTML, including the HTML5 tags recognized by today’s browsers.
- Apply real-world design. Format text, create navigation tools, and enhance pages with graphics.
- Make your pages lively. Create eye-catching animations and give your visitors attractive tables and forms.
- Take control of page layouts. Use professional design techniques such as floats and positioning.
- Look great on any device. Craft websites that adapt to desktop, tablet, and mobile browsers.
- Get advanced techniques. Use CSS3 more effectively and efficiently, and ensure that your web pages look good when printed.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 HTML for CSS
Chapter 2 Creating Styles and Style Sheets
Chapter 3 Selectors: Identifying What to Style
Chapter 4 Saving Time with Style Inheritance
Chapter 5 Managing Multiple Styles: The Cascade
Chapter 6 Formatting Text
Chapter 7 Margins, Padding, and Borders
Chapter 8 Adding Graphics to Web Pages
Chapter 9 Sprucing Up Your Site’s Navigation
Chapter 10 CSS Transforms, Transitions, and Animations
Chapter 11 Formatting Tables and Forms
Chapter 12 Introducing CSS Layout
Chapter 13 Building Float-Based Layouts
Chapter 14 Responsive Web Design
Chapter 15 Positioning Elements on a Web Page
Chapter 16 CSS for the Printed Page
Chapter 17 Improving Your CSS Habits
CSS3: The Missing Manual, 3rd Edition
- By: David Sawyer McFarland
- Publisher: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
- Pub. Date: 12/27/2012
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-4493-2594-7
- Pages in Print Edition: 656
- File Size : 25.71 MB
- Format : PDF