- Build three example applications in CoffeeScript step by step
What you will learn from this book
- CoffeeScript’s powerful class syntax
- Installing CoffeeScript on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux using Node.js
- Configuring CoffeeScript for browser applications
- The basics of jQuery and using it with CoffeeScript
- Using localStorage in browser-based applications
- Two approaches to write CoffeeScript in Rails applications
- Creating responsive web applications using WebSocket
“CoffeeScript programming with jQuery, Rails, and Node.js” will not only teach you the CoffeeScript language but also show you how it’s being used by professional programmers with the latest web technologies.
CoffeeScript programming with jQuery, Rails, and Node.js is all you need to become well versed with this great language and set you on your way to using it to write web applications.
It’s a quick guide for programming CoffeeScript and then diving into programming with Rails, jQuery, and Node.js.
Who this book is for
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Why CoffeeScript?
Chapter 2: Running CoffeeScript
Chapter 3: CoffeeScript and jQuery
Chapter 4: CoffeeScript and Rails
Chapter 5: CoffeeScript and Node.js
CoffeeScript Programming with jQuery, Rails, and Node.js
- By: Michael Erasmus;
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Pub. Date: 12/13/2012
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-84951-958-8
- Pages in Print Edition: 140
- File Size : 3.62 MB
- Format : PDF