Apache Axis2 Web Services, 2nd Edition
- Extensive and detailed coverage of the enterprise ready Apache Axis2 Web Services / SOAP / WSDL engine.
- Attain a more flexible and extensible framework with the world class Axis2 architecture.
- Learn all about AXIOM – the complete XML processing framework, which you also can use outside Axis2.
- Covers advanced topics like security, messaging, REST and asynchronous web services.
- Written by Deepal Jayasinghe, a key architect and developer of the Apache Axis2 Web Service project; and Afkham Azeez, an elected ASF and PMC member.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn SOA Integration Patterns
- Learn advanced topics such as security, messaging, REST, clustering, and asynchronous web services
- Enable SOA functionality in your organization
- Handle Handlers in Axis2 and learn to write your own
- Learn how to develop web services using JAXWS
- Learn everything about deployers, deployer descriptors and how to create your own custom deployers.
- Write, deploy, and engage a module
- Use Axis2 as a client and invoke services in a number of different ways
- Use AXIOM it to handle SOAP, and learn AXIOM best practices
- Different types of sessions available in Axis2 and how they work.
Web services are gaining popularity and have become one of the major techniques for application integration. Due to the flexibility and advantages of using web services, you want to enable Web service support to your applications. This book is your gateway to learning all you need to know about the Apache Axis2 web service framework and its hands on implementation.
Apache Axis2 Web Services, 2nd Edition is your comprehensive guide to implementing this incredibly powerful framework in practice. It gives you precisely what you need to know to develop a detailed practical understanding of this popular, modular and reliable web service framework.
This book starts with a short and relevant introduction about the Axis2 1.5 framework and then plunges you straight into its architectural model.
Learn to use and develop your own modules. Write a services.xml file so efficiently that you’ll be creating more complex applications (rather than just POJOs) in no time.
Learn how straightforward it really is to turn a Java class into a web service in Axis2. Experiment with different types of sessions in Axis2. Learn different patterns of Enterprise deployment. Ensure reliability in your web service – a major concern in most enterprise applications – with minimum impact on performance.
This book will journey you through all this and more, giving you exactly what you need to learn Axis2 1.5 in the easiest way possible and create secure, reliable, and easy-to-use web services efficiently and systematically.
This is a step by step practical guide for developing web services using Apache Axis2. There are a lot of real-life examples, which makes this book an excellent practical guide.
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers who are interested in building web services using Apache Axis2. Familiarity with web standards like SOAP, WSDL and XML parsing is assumed.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Apache Web Services and Axis2
Chapter 2: Looking inside Axis2
Chapter 3: Axis 2 XML Model (AXIOM)
Chapter 4: Execution Chain
Chapter 5: Deployment Model
Chapter 6: Information Model
Chapter 7: Writing an Axis2 Service
Chapter 8: Writing an Axis2 Module
Chapter 9: The Client API
Chapter 10: Session Management
Chapter 11: Developing JAX-WS Web Services
Chapter 12: Axis2 Clustering
Chapter 13: Enterprise Integration Patterns
Chapter 14: Axis2 Advanced Features and Usage
Chapter 15: Building a Secure Reliable Web Service
Apache Axis2 Web Services, 2nd Edition
- By: Deepal Jayasinghe; Afkham Azeez
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Pub. Date: 02/17/2011
- Print ISBN-13: 978-1-84951-156-8
- Pages in Print Edition: 308
- File Size : 3.59 MB
- Format : PDF